- Membership is open to anyone who has moved to the greater Chapel Hill area (including Chapel Hill, Durham, Carrboro, Hillsborough, Pittsboro, and other nearby towns) within the last 36 months.
- Membership is limited to five years, with the fifth year being optional.
- At the end of four years, members automatically become eligible to join the Newcomers Alumni Group for continuing activities.
- New members are welcome to join at any time. Dues are structured to recognize a partial year of membership for the initial year.
- Take advantage of opportunities to build new friendships and connect with others who share similar interests. Join groups that focus on discussion, entertainment, food & drink, games, and recreation.
- Create experiences that highlight the many cultural, social, civic, volunteer and educational aspects of the community.
- For those who join starting June 1, 2017, and for those renewing their membership, dues for the 2017- 2018 year (June 1 to May 31) are:
- Single Membership - $35
- Renewal Date - May 31, 2017 for all members
- The Club operates to promote social interaction and community well-being, while respecting the dignity of all members regardless of age, ethnic origin, religious preferences, or sexual orientation. All are welcome in this Club.
- The Club tries to foster new friendships through all-club events, one time interest events such as a boat tour of Jordan Lake, as well as numerous interest groups that meet on a regular basis.
Club Members Receive
- Full membership in the organization.
- Password-controlled access to the Club's website that contains a current membership directory. At any time members may update their personal data in the membership directory.
- Email invitations to the all-club events, as well as to activities for which the member has expressed an interest through his or her online member profile. Registration to attend events and activities is via the Club's website.
- Access to online forums for members only. These forums foster the exchange of information on topics of interest to the membership such as restaurant reviews, recommendations for services, etc.
Club Rules and Governance
- All members agree to the terms of a Joining Agreement at the time they join the club, and they agree to the terms again at each annual renewal.
- The club is managed by an annually-elected, volunteer Board nominated from the membership.
- The club operates from a set of Bylaws, Standing Rules, and the Joining Agreement, which are available on the web site and upon request to all prospective members.
- This club operates as an incorporated social activity group. The promotion of business interests or advertising of any kind is forbidden.